Sunday, October 18, 2009

Inside a Cyber Studio: Teryl Magee

Due to the popular response I've decided to issue two columns a week instead of one. I will post one at the beginning (monday/tuesday) of the week and then one at the end (friday). Otherwise, it would just take to long to get through all of them.
Keep in mind the questions might change from time to time (especially as technology changes), and I'm looking to provide other formats as well (audio/video).

I hope you all find this to be a fun/exciting journey as we get to learn a bit more about each other and why we love technology & education.

Teryl Magee
blog: http://terylmagee.blogspot.com/



  1. Where do you live? Knoxville, TN
  2. How long have you been working w/ technology/education? 10 years
  3. What OS/platform do you use for your work? Both Windows & Mac
  4. What is your favorite Web 2.0/21st Century tool and why? Wow, there are so many it is hard to name just one. For collaboration for the kiddos I will have to say VoiceThread for so many reasons. Animoto runs a very close 2nd though.
  5. What is the biggest misconception about technology? Teachers are "scared" of it, probably because they are afraid that their students know more than they do. That is okay. I think the biggest misconception however is that it will add something else to their already overflowing plates. Teachers need to realize that it is adding something else but a tool to use in education just like anything else.
  6. What are the biggest hurdles you face as a technology educator? Blocked sites!
  7. What has been your biggest success in technology integration? Last year I was able to work in our school lab for 3 days and got to work with all of the students from K-5. The students and teachers got a taste of what good technology integration strategies looked like and everyone got excited. K-2 worked with Kerpoof! Studios while 3-5 worked with Photostory.
  8. What has been your biggest setback in technology integration? One year I was working on a project with my students using Voki when we went to go and continue our work the site had become blocked. No matter what my tech. dept. refused to unblock it saying that is was social networking. It was a personal setback I had to get over.
  9. Who/what has been your biggest inspiration in technology/education? My biggest inspiration? My PLN inspires me everyday to become the BEST educator I possibly can be. There is not one person to be named. I will say though, without the DEN, I wouldn't be where I am today!
  10. Where do you see technology integration heading in the future? Wow, I'm not sure. Technology is evolving so quickly it is hard to keep up.
Fun
  1. What is your favorite book? Lord of the Rings series
  2. What is your favorite movie? Silence of the Lambs
Next on Cyber Studio: Marama Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!